Abstract writing guidelines
Remember the guidelines given in the lecture, and specially that…
- It has to be new (although the topic can be same than in e.g. your BSc thesis, you need to write new text, starting from scratch!)
- Word limit is set between 350-400 words
- Add 3-5 keywords (Please write them also again as labels; plus add more labels, e.g. about the countries involved in the study)
- Needs to be rewritten many times until clear and interesting- make every word count!
Submitting the assignment
Add your abstract to the course website by creating a child page under this page. Follow the next steps:
- Proceed to create a page (click "Create" and then "Blank page" in the above menu while you are at this page)
- Name it as "<your name>, abstract", by typing so in the empty space above (where it says "New Page" in grey).
- In the space for text, include...
- the title
- the text of the abstract (350-400 words)
- 3 to 5 keywords
- add labels (1-8), by typing again the keywords (here you can add more, e.g. the countries involved in the study)
- Click "Save"
1) Write own abstract (see deadline for abstract)
2) After the deadline, give feedback/comment at least 2 other abstracts (see deadline for feedback)
To whom I give feedback:
You will give feedback to at least 2 other abstracts of the two persons right below your assignment in the list.
If you are among the last ones, then you should provide feedback to the two persons starting from the top. By these means, everybody should have feedback from each other.
3) Make last changes in your abstract, this will be the version evaluated by the teachers.