Regional Database of Policies in Bioenergy markets
To provide an overview of the policy incentives that have been used to develop bioenergy related technologies and markets. The sources of information is based in academic publications, policy reports, as well as grey literature. A brief evaluation of the effects of this actions is also be provided, with a prognosis of the effects in the markets.
Th specific technology or product related to bioenergy follow the criteria that it is oriented to the production of wood biomass for energy.
The structure of each report it is divided in the following parts:
- Description of the product or technology. This description has to include all those details relevant to the policy and market measures taken. The product or technology can be related to e.g. production of forest chips, liquid wood-based fuels from industry, pellets, biodiesel, biomass for biogass, etc...
- Description of the market. This description has to deal with the current consumption/production patterns, prices, establishment level, etc...
- Description of the policy measures. It should include a review of the main policy measures that were used for the development of the market, whether subsidies, taxes, quotas, etc...
- Evaluation of the effect of this measures. It must entail a brief evaluation of the measures described, and its success / failure when translated to the markets. This part is based on your opinion and expertise although it must be supported by facts or citations.
- References: This is an essential part of the report, and the information provided has to be adequately cited.