Topics on Bioenergy Markets and Policies
- Description of the most common policy instruments to promote bioenergy development
- Review of externalities produced by bioenergy utilization
- Structural factors related to the analysis of wood markets and policies
- Main policies affecting the production and use of energy wood in Europe
- Effects of the subsidies in the markets as a tool to promote bioenergy
- Effects of the taxes in the markets as a tool to promote bioenergy
- Policy measures implemented in Sweden for the promotion of energy crops: review and assessment
- Main stages of adoption of energy crops by farmers
- Main barriers to the implementation of bioenergy technology
- Provide a case of the policy incentives that have been used to develop pellet markets, overview and evaluation
- Provide a case of the policy incentives that have been used to develop biodiesel, overview and evaluation
- Current development of pellet markets in Europe. Describe situation, main threats and future trends
- Locate and describe the main pellet production areas in Europe
- Ethical analysis in forest conflicts associated to bioenergy: description, objectives, examples
- Explain the green certificate mechanism and discuss its impacts on Polish bioenergy market development
- Carbon tax: mechanism, effects on the markets, advantages and disadvantages
- Provide a case of bioenergy related conflict, describing the main stakeholders including a brief analysis of the framework situation
How do recent developments in global energy production challenge some established views concerning the role of bio-based energy in the future?
The role of Finland on the international bioenergy market: choose one country and compare
How different types of measures can affect bioenergy markets?
- What is the role of ENGO's in bioenergy policy and governance?
Describe how policy has influenced the wood-based bioenergy market in Finland
Oil crisis: conditions and effects on the energy markets.
(the list will be updated till the end of the lectures)