Welcome to my personal space in the University of Eastern Finland Wiki. I'm Postdoctoral researcher in the School of Computing at the University of Eastern Finland. I completed PhD from the East Finland Doctoral Programme in Computer Science and Engineering, School of Computing, University of Eastern Finland. I'm a member of the edTech research group http://www.uef.fi/edtech and http://impdet.org/. I have more than 6 years of experience in teaching computer science at University of Eastern Finland, Modibbo Adama University of Technology Yola - Nigeria and Dorben Polytechnic Abuja - Nigeria. I received MSc. degree from Technische Universität Ilmenau, Germany in 2013, and Bachelor of Technology (Honors) degree in Computer science from Federal University of Technology Yola, renamed Modibbo Adama University of Technology Yola Nigeria.
My research interests include interactive mobile technologies, educational technology, computer science education and smart learning environments. I'm specifically interested in developing smart learning environment for programming and practical innovative solutions to teaching and learning of IT courses at university level.
Grant and Award
|1||01.10.2018||28,000||Jenny and Antti Wihuri Foundation||Research - Implementing Learning Analytics in Smart Learning Environment for Programming Education|
|2||10.04.2018||4,000 euro||University of Eastern Finland|
Research visit to Athabasca University, Canada
Research Title: Learning Analytics Based on IDE in Smart Learning Environment
|3||01.02.2018||4,000 euro||Ministry of Education and Culture, Finland|
Preparation activities for EU/LAC project application
|4||27.01.2017||1000 euro||European Union||Training cooperation at University of Warwick, UK through Erasmus+ Staff Mobility|
|5||24-27.11.2016||Best poster award||16th Koli Calling Conference on Computing Education Research||Best poster presentation|
|6||21-24.09.2016||1500 euro||FinCEAL Plus Code 21000027705||To present MobileEdu Innovation at South Africa Innovation Summit|
|7||2011||3600 euro||German Government Innovation Support||Innovation support|
|8||2000||Best student award and 50,000 naira||Federal College of Education Kontagora Niger State Nigeria||Best graduating student|
I taught both undergraduate and postgraduate computer science courses: Computer programming (Java, C++, Python), State of the art technology in education, Design of smart learning environments, Web technology, Systems analysis and design, Software engineering, Operating systems, Data communication and networks.
I am supervising PhD, MSc. and BSc. students' research project and thesis.
Check my profile in different research forums:
MobileEdu is a mobile learning application developed by Solomon Sunday Oyelere. The contextualized mobile application environment has multi-purpose functions such as games for learning, computational thinking, programming and computer science education. It can be used in a blended learning scenario with huge support for social learning. The app is designed to provide educational contents such as notes, quizzes, video and audio content whilst online. MobileEdu contains opportunity for class activities such as accessing resources, quiz, library, messaging, connecting with friends for collaboration in learning, blogging and push notifications. Contents on this app are managed through web-based administration panel, teachers and students can create account for their classes. Students can select more than one courses for learning.
Gbadegeshin SA, Oyelere S.S., Olaleye SA, et al. (2018). Application of information and communication technology for internationalization of Nigerian small- and medium-sized enterprises. Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, Wiley online library.
Olaleye, S.A., Oyelere, S.S., Sanusi, I.T., & Joseph, A.F. (2018). Experience of Ubiquitous Computing Technology Driven Mobile Commerce in Africa: Impact of Usability, Privacy, Trust, and Reputation Concern. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 4-20.
- S.S. Oyelere, D.D. Atsa'am, H.M. Ayuba, O. Olawumi, J . Suhonen, M. Joy, "TerrorWatch: A prototype mobile app to combat terror in terror-prone nations". In F.J. Mtenzi, G.S. Oreku, D.M. Lupiana & J.J. Yonazi (Eds.), Mobile Technologies and Socio Economic Development in Emerging Nations (pp. 203-233). IGI Global, 2018. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-4029-8.ch010
- K.J. Danjuma, S.S. Oyelere, E.S. Oyelere, T.H. Laine, "Mobile application for Ebola virus disease diagnosis (EbolaDiag)". In F.J. Mtenzi, G.S. Oreku, D.M. Lupiana & J.J. Yonazi (Eds.), Mobile Technologies and Socio Economic Development in Emerging Nations (pp. 64-80). ). IGI Global, 2018. https://doi.org/10.4018/978-1-5225-4029-8.ch004
- S.S. Oyelere, D.K. Joro, S.A. Olaleye, E.O. Sunday, (2017). Intelligent mobile application for Ebola virus disease prognosis, In Cornish, D.R. (Ed), Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Science Technology & Innovation for Africa Conference (AFRICON2017) – Advancing Technology for Humanity, IEEE, pp. 533-538, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/AFRCON.2017.8095534.
- I. Sanusi, S.S Oyelere, Olaleye, J. Suhonen, A. Otunla, (2017). Exploring students and teachers activities, experiences and impact of Opón Ìmo mobile learning devices on teaching and learning, In Cornish, D.R. (Ed), Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Science Technology & Innovation for Africa Conference (AFRICON2017) – Advancing Technology for Humanity, IEEE, pp. 809-814, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/AFRCON.2017.8095583.
- S. Olalye, I. Sanusi, S.S Oyelere, (2017). Users experience of mobile money in Nigeria, In Cornish, D.R. (Ed), Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE Science Technology & Innovation for Africa Conference (AFRICON2017) – Advancing Technology for Humanity, IEEE, pp. 956-961, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1109/AFRCON.2017.8095606.
- S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen, E. Sutinen, and G.M. Wajiga. Design, development, and evaluation of a mobile learning application for computing education. Education and Information Technologies. Education and Information Technologies, 23(1), 467-495, Springer, 2017. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10639-017-9613-2.
S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen, and T. Lahne. Integrating Parsons programming puzzles into a game-based mobile learning application. In the 17th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research, ACM, 2017.
S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen and E. Sutinen. M-Learning: A New Paradigm of Learning ICT in Nigeria. International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM), Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 35-44, 2016. Find online access here: http://online-journals.org/index.php/i-jim/issue/view/264.
E. Anohah, S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen and E. Sutinen. Trends of mobile learning in Computing Education from 2006 to 2014: A systematic review of research publications. International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (IJMBL) Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 16-33, 2017.
S.S. Oyelere, V. Paliktzoglou, and J. Suhonen (2016) ‘M-learning in Nigerian higher education: an experimental study with Edmodo’, International Journal of Social Media and Interactive Learning Environments, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp.43–62. Find online access here: http://www.inderscienceonline.com/doi/abs/10.1504/IJSMILE.2016.075055
S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen. Design and implementation of MobileEdu m-learning application for computing education in Nigeria: A design research approach. In Proceedings of Fourth International Conference on Learning and Teaching in Computing and Engineering, IEEE, pp. 27-31, 2016.
S.S. Oyelere, D.I. Sajoh, Y.M. Malgwi, and L.S. Oyelere. Cybersecurity issues on web-based systems in Nigeria: M-learning case study. In Cyberspace (CYBER-Abuja), 2015 International Conference IEEE, pp.259-264, 4-7 Nov. 2015. Find online access here: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=7360510
- S.S. Oyelere and L.S. Oyelere. Users’ Perception of the Effects of Viruses on Computer Systems – An Empirical Research. African Journal of Computing & ICTs. Vol 8, No. 1. Pp. 121-130, 2015. Find online access here: http://www.ajocict.net/
- S.S. Oyelere. The Application of Model Predictive Control (MPC) to Fast Systems such as Autonomous Ground Vehicles (AGV). International Organization of Scientific Research (IOSR) Journal of Computer Engineering (IOSR-JCE) Vol. 16, No. 3, Ver. IV, pp. 27-37, 2014. Find online access here: http://www.iosrjournals.org/iosr-jce/pages/16(3)Version-4.html
- S.S. Oyelere, D.I. Sajoh and A. U. Atiku. Sub-Saharan African Interdisciplinary Model for Sustainable Development (SAIMOSD). Proceedings of the International Academic Conference on Sustainable Development. Vol. 2 No. 3 November, 13-14, 2014. Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria.
- Shaibu A. Shonola, Mike S. Joy, S.S. Oyelere and Jarkko Suhonen. The Impact of Mobile Devices for Learning in Higher Education Institutions: Nigerian Universities Case Study. International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, Vol. 8, No. 8, pp.43-50, 2016. Find online access here: http://www.mecs-press.org/ijmecs/v8n8.html
- S.S. Oyelere, Jarkko Suhonen, Shaibu A. Shonola and Mike S. Joy. Discovering students mobile learning experiences in higher education in Nigeria. IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Eire, PA, 2016, pp. 1-7.
- S.S. Oyelere, J. Suhonen, E. Sutinen, and G.M. Wajiga. Evaluating mobileEdu: third-year undergraduate computer science students' mobile learning achievements. Proceedings of the 16th Koli Calling International Conference on Computing Education Research, ACM, 176-177, 2016.
S.S. Oyelere (2018). Design and Development of a Mobile Learning System for Computer Science Education in Nigerian Higher Education Context. PhD dissertation at the University of Eastern Finland. http://epublications.uef.fi/pub/urn_isbn_978-952-61-2705-7/urn_isbn_978-952-61-2705-7.pdf
S.S. Oyelere (2013). A Study of Model Predictive Control Schemes for Autonomous Ground Vehicle and Implementations. Master degree thesis at the Ilmenau University of Technology Germany.
S.S. Oyelere (2008). Design and Implementation of Computer Virus and Antivirus Software.Bachelor degree thesis at Federal University of Technology, Yola-Nigeria.
I have published a book relating to my previous interest in robotics:
Book: Model Predictive Algorithm for Autonomous Ground Vehicles. You can pick your copy here: http://amzn.com/3659500003
E-mail: solomon.oyelere(at)uef.fi, solomon.oyelere(at)cs.uef.fi, solex2006(at)gmail.com
Tel: +358 414 788518