Arevalo, J. Ochieng, R., Mola-Yudego, B. & Gritten, D. 2014. Understanding bioenergy conflicts: case of a jatropha project in Kenya's Tana Delta. Land Use Policy [in press], 41, 138-148. DOI:10.1016/j.landusepol.2014.05.002 Available here
Arevalo, J., Halder, P., Kortelainen, J. & Mola-Yudego, B. 2014. Bioenergy: from local conflicts to global governance. OGEL Journal (in press) Advance copy here
- Arevalo, J., Pitkänen, S. & Kirongo, B. 2014. Developing forestry curricula: experiences from a Kenyan-Finnish project. International Forestry Review, 16 (1) 78-86 Available here, HEI-ICI Kenya project
Halder, P., Arevalo, J., Tahvanainen, L. & Pelkonen, P. 2014. Challenges and opportunities associated with the development of forest-based bioenergy sector in India: Results from an expert survey. Challenges 5(1), 100-111Available here
- Arevalo, J., Mola-Yudego, B., Pelkonen, P., & Qu, M. 2012. Students’ views on forestry education: a cross-national comparison across three universities in Brazil, China and Finland. Forest Policy and Economics 25, 123-131 Available here
- Qu, M., Pelkonen, P., Tahvanainen, L, Arevalo, J, & Gritten, D. 2012. Experts' assessment on the development of wood framed houses in China. Journal of Cleaner Production, 31, 100-105 Available here
- Arevalo, J., Pitkänen, S., Tahvanainen, L. & Enkenberg, J. 2011. Motivation of Foreign Students Seeking a Multi-institutional Forestry Master’s degree in Europe. Journal of Forestry 109 (2) 69-73 Available here, IPFE
- Arevalo, J., Pitkänen, S., Gritten, D. & Tahvanainen, L. 2010. Market-relevant competencies for professional foresters in European graduate education. International Forestry Review 12 (3) 200-208 Available here, IPFE
- Arevalo, J., Jarschel, B. Pitkänen, S., Tahvanainen, L. & Enkenberg, J. 2010. Differences in forestry students’ perceptions across study years. Journal of Natural Resources and Life Science Education 39, 94-101.
- Pitkänen, S. 2000. Classification of vegetational diversity in managed boreal forests in eastern Finland. Plant Ecology 146: 11-28.
- Pitkänen, S. 2000. Effect of tree stand and site variables on alpha diversity of ground vegetation in the forests of Northern Karelia. Journal of Environmental Management 58: 289-295
Pitkänen, S. 1997. Correlation between stand structure and ground vegetation: an analytical approach. Plant Ecology 131: 109-126.
Pitkänen, S. 1998. The use of diversity indices to assess diversity of vegetation in managed boreal forests. Forest Ecology and Management 112:121-137.
Kolström, M. & Pitkänen, S. 1999. Effect of forest management on alpha diversity of ground vegetation in boreal forests: a model approach. Boreal Environment Research 4:45-54.